It’s not uncommon that I would bake my own birthday cake. While it seems sad, it really is a great time to experiment with new technique because if it goes wrong you’re not stuffing up someone else’s birthday! Here’s what I came up with for the year 33.
- 1 mango
- 1 really ripe large banana
- 250g almond meal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup extra chopped mango
- Add mango flesh, banana, sugar, vanilla paste, oil and eggs to a food processor. Blitz until really well combined. Try to make sure there are no more fruit chunks.
- Add almond meal and baking powder. Blitz until just combined. Don’t overdo it here.
- Stir thru macadamia nuts and chopped mango.
- Bake in a round springform pan for 45-50 minutes at 180C.