Bananas always look so irresistible to me at the markets. They’re cheap and tasty, and I always buy too many.
When they start to get too ripe to use, I pop them in little snap lock bags in the freezer. And when there’s too many in the freezer, I make this cake.
Quick, simple, tasty & less unhealthy than other similar cakes.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 125g pitted dates, chopped
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Greek or Natural yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 or 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Add the flours, bicarb, nutmeg, chopped dates, chia seeds and brown sugar to a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
- Whisk the eggs, add yoghurt, milk and bananas. Mix mix mix.
- Make a well in the dry mixture, add the wet mixture. Stir until it’s all gooey.
- Bake at 180°C for about 35 mins, then turn off the oven and leave for an hour.
- Eat! Nom Nom Nom.